Turning Barriers into Bridges: Reversing the Impact of Unconscious Bias on Talent Management
In today’s world culture is much more than ethnicity and gender. It is all the ways we are similar and different. As the dramatic shift to a highly diverse workplace continues, organizations know they must help employees understand, accept, and capitalize on differences as well as similarities. They know the cultural backgrounds and experiences of diverse teams and clients can enrich the organization, making it more innovative and competitive, yet the institution’s ability to manage these organizational changes can strengthen or impede results.
Enhancing your inclusion and engagement skills enables you to work more effectively internally and in the community. This highly interactive, non-judgmental and fun session provides an opportunity for participants to discover how and why unconscious bias impacts talent management and other business decisions; and then how to minimize its effects in order to increase positive bottom-line results.
As a result of attending this session, participants will be able to:
• Improve their awareness of the impact of their behavior on others
• Understand the neuroscience related to how the mind works
• Limit the influence of stereotypes and bias on their actions
• Identify the four Cornerstones of Cultural Competence
• Identify effective engagement strategies for individuals, teams and organizational processes