Colorism, what is it? The word “diversity” when used in the workplace conjures up many meanings, often determined by where in the world you are.
On this 50th anniversary of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., my heart is heavy yet hopeful. Heavy due to the racial hatred and boldness of bigotry still evident. Hopeful because many people young and old are rising up to make their voices heard regarding equality, life, and inclusion. They are saying diversity…
Are you tired of political correctness and wonder why our language should become more sensitive? My clients regularly ask me why this is such a big deal to some. Words do matter, and those who suggest others should just get over it, and stop being so picky are often not a member of the offended…
As I took my seat on a flight from Toronto to LaGuardia recently, I noticed that the female flight attendant was considerably taller than 6 feet. Because I know that many people in the USA ask tall men, “Did you play basketball?” I was curious about her experience with that or similar questions. When there…
Last month I urged you as an individual to speak up and speak out to end the Silent Revolution. The Silent Revolution exists because well-meaning people stay silent when they should speak up at work, in their communities and among friends when injustice or disrespect is evident. I know this is a scary concept to…
What does August mean to you? For most folks it is a month of no holidays, but not for Charles (my honey of 38 years) and me. We celebrate our wedding anniversary as well as both our birthdays in August! We have no excuses for forgetting these three dates. Although it is a month with…
- But Stereotypes are Based on Truth Aren't They?
- Igniting Courage with Anne Bonney
- Who is next?
- Race: More Than Just Talk: The Impact of Systemic Racism-12/17/20
- How to Disrupt Racial, Disability, and Gender Bias and Make Culture a Competitive Advantage?
- More than Just Talk: A Forum on Race-Authenticity
- How to talk about race in the workplace
- More than Just Talk ‐ A Forum on Racism Resources
- More Than Just Talk
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development