On this 50th anniversary of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., my heart is heavy yet hopeful. Heavy due to the racial hatred and boldness of bigotry still evident. Hopeful because many people young and old are rising up to make their voices heard regarding equality, life, and inclusion. They are saying diversity…
In a word, NO! That does not mean however that all the anti-discrimination regulations enforced by the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunities Commission) should be abolished. What this does mean is leaders must not assume that just because their organization is following the law, that their work culture is prejudice or discrimination free. Let’s first define…
I wondered how long it would take us to turn the Martin Luther King holiday into just another day of shopping specials. Unfortunately, that day has arrived in my community. I had a chance to contribute to a celebration in Muskegon Michigan last Friday. If you have 10 minutes to celebrate the true meaning of…
- But Stereotypes are Based on Truth Aren't They?
- Igniting Courage with Anne Bonney
- Who is next?
- Race: More Than Just Talk: The Impact of Systemic Racism-12/17/20
- How to Disrupt Racial, Disability, and Gender Bias and Make Culture a Competitive Advantage?
- More than Just Talk: A Forum on Race-Authenticity
- How to talk about race in the workplace
- More than Just Talk ‐ A Forum on Racism Resources
- More Than Just Talk
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development