Imagine that you’re a police officer and the newest member of your department is a practicing Black Muslim. What biases, stereotypes or assumptions might come up for some in your department? What would you do to enhance your knowledge about this person? This scenario was a focus of discussion during a recent workshop series I…
In a word, NO! That does not mean however that all the anti-discrimination regulations enforced by the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunities Commission) should be abolished. What this does mean is leaders must not assume that just because their organization is following the law, that their work culture is prejudice or discrimination free. Let’s first define…
“When Hitler attacked the Jews I was not a Jew, therefore I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists, I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned. Then…
Last month I urged you as an individual to speak up and speak out to end the Silent Revolution. The Silent Revolution exists because well-meaning people stay silent when they should speak up at work, in their communities and among friends when injustice or disrespect is evident. I know this is a scary concept to…
- But Stereotypes are Based on Truth Aren't They?
- Igniting Courage with Anne Bonney
- Who is next?
- Race: More Than Just Talk: The Impact of Systemic Racism-12/17/20
- How to Disrupt Racial, Disability, and Gender Bias and Make Culture a Competitive Advantage?
- More than Just Talk: A Forum on Race-Authenticity
- How to talk about race in the workplace
- More than Just Talk ‐ A Forum on Racism Resources
- More Than Just Talk
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development